Static GK There are lakhs of aspirants who every year sit for one or other competitive exams. This article will bring forward a list of Government Exams articles that can help aspirants for different competitive exams.
Olympic’s Games ( Static GK )
- First Olympic games was held in Athens (Greece) 1896 then after it 2004 Olympic games also held in Athens.
- There are three types of Olympic Games : Summer Olympic, Winter Olympic & Para Olympic.
- In Olympic games, Indian Hockey team win 8 Gold medal (last gold medal in hockey comes in 1980 Moscow Olympic’s Game)
- Individual Gold Medal ( Abhinav Bindra – 2008 Beijing Olympic )
- In 1954 Wrestler K.D. Jadhav won Bronze medal.
- In 1996, Leander Pesh won bronze medal ( America’s Atlanta ).
- In 2000 Sydney Olympic, Karnam Malleswari in Weightlifting won Bronze medal.
- In 2004 Athens Olympic, Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore won silver medal in shooting.
- In 2008 Beijing Olympic Games, Abhinav Bindra (Gold) in shooting, Vijender Singh (Bronze) in Boxing, Sushil Kumar (Bronze) in Wrestling.
- In 2012 London Olympic Games, India won 6 medal (2 silver & 4 Bronze) Silver medal won by Vijay kumar(Shooting), Sushil kumar(wrestling), Bronze medal won by Saina Nehwal (Badminton), Marry Kom(Boxing), Gagan Naran(Shooting), Yogeshwar Datt(wrestling).
- In 2016 Rio Olympic (Brazil), India won only 2 medals, Silver medal won by P.V. Sindhu (Badminton), Bronze medal won by Sakshi Malik (wrestling).
ISRO ( Static GK )
- ISRO Stands for Indian Space Research Organisation Founded in 1969 (15th August).
- Head Quarter of ISRO in Bangalore.
- Chairman of ISRO: Kailasavadivoo Sivan (K. Sivan)
- Commercial Branch of ISRO is Antrix.
- Vikram Sarabhai is known as Father of Indian Space Programme.
- Vikram Sarabhai space centre in Thiruvananthapuram, in the Indian state of Kerala.
- Satish Dhawan Launching centre at Shri harikota in Andhra Pardesh.
- IIRS (Indian Institute of Remote Sensing) : Dehradhun.
- Homi Bhabha known as Father of India’s Nuclear Science program.
Nobel Prize ( Static GK )
- In 1913, India’s got first Nobel Prize in Literacy by Ravindra Nath Tagore.
- India’s first scientist C.V. Raman who got the Nobel prize in 1930.
- Mother Teresa won Nobel prize for Peace and social welfare in 1979.
- In 1998, Amartya Sen won Novel prize in 1998 for economics science.
- In 2014, Kailash Satyarthi won Nobel prize for peace.
Planets Name ( Static GK )
- Red Planet : Mars.
- Blue Planet : Earth.
- Ringed Planet : Saturn.
- Giant Planet : Jupiter.
- Evening Star : Venus.
- Ice Planet : Uranus.
- Big Blue Planet : Neptune.
Points to be Remember:-
- Nearest Planet to earth : Venus
- Firstly we consider 9 planet but now there is 8 planet because Pluto is not consider as Planet now.
Indian Museum ( Static GK )
- National Museum : Delhi’s Janpath.
- Indian Museum : Calcutta.
- Prince of wales museum : Mumbai.
- Calico Textile museum : Ahmadabad(Gujrat).
- Napier Museum : Thiruvananthapuram (Kerla).
- National Railway Museum: Delhi.
Point to be remember:
- The Louvre, or the Louvre Museum, is the world’s largest art museum and a historic monument in Paris, France. (where is Monalisa Picture).
- The Acropolis Museum is an archaeological museum focused on the findings of the archaeological site of the Acropolis of Athens.
Name of Parliaments ( Static GK )
- India : Sansad
- USA : Congress
- Afghanistan : Shura
- Bangladesh : The Jatiya Sangsad
- Russia : Duma.
- Japan : the Imperial Diet
Points to Remember:
- In India, Lokshabha called as lower house and Rajayshabha called as upper house.
- In England, Lower house called as house of common and upper house called as house of lord.
- In India, we take two house idea from U.K.
- In America, lower house called as House of Representative & upper house called as Senate .
:- What is validity of Cheques ? ( Now it is 3 months ) after 3 months it is called stale Cheques.
:- National Science day :- 28 February ( National Science day made for C.V Raman for his achievement of Raman effect and got Nobel prize in 1930 and also got Bharat Ratna in 1954. He discovered the Raman effect on 28 Feb. 1928 so on 28 Feb; We celebrate as Science day.
Percentage of Gas In Air ( Static GK )
- Nitrogen : 78%
- Oxygen : 21 %
- Argon : 0.93 %
- Carbon Dioxide : 0.04%
- Remaining other gases (neon, helium, methane, krypton and hydrogen, as well as water vapor)
World Cups ( Static GK )
- ICC Cricket World Cup (2023) : India
- FIFA World Cup (2022) : Qatar
- Men’s FIH Hockey World Cup (2023) : India
- Women FIH Hockey World Cup (2022) : Spain; Netherlands
Point to be Remember:-
- 2019 Cricket World Cup Held in England & Wales (Winner: England & Runner Up: New Zealand).
- 2018 Football World Cup held in Russia (Winner: Franc & Runner Up: Croatia).
- 2018 Men’s Hockey world cup held in India’s Bhubaneswar (Winner: Belgium & Runner Up: Netherlands)
Visit at our website(www.free-education.in) for more interesting post and amazing facts.