Exercise-2.4 Page: 24 ( Is Matter Around Us Pure )
1. Classify the following as physical or chemical changes:
- Cutting of trees
- Melting of butter in a pan
- Rusting of almirah
- Boiling of water to form steam
- Passing of electric current through water and water breaking into hydrogen and oxygen gases.
- Dissolving common salt in water
- Making a fruit salad with raw fruits, and
- Burning of paper and wood
The following is the classification into physical and chemical change
2. Try segregating the things around you as pure substances and mixtures.
Listed below are the classifications based on pure substances and mixtures:
Er. Aman Blogger, Educator